Please call our office BEFORE visiting!
Staff is often working out in the community and so may not be here.
Also our physical address has changed! We are located at 3333 Chapel Hill Blvd. Building A, Suite 100
Annual Award Recognition Event
(Tomorrow's Community Leaders)
October 29 at 7pm, Durham School of the Arts
Registration for the 2019-2020 opens September 23
(Students can earning hours beginning the first day of school)
About the Commissioners' Award
The Commissioners' Award program (formerly the Hard Corps Award) recognizes the hard work of students who volunteer 50+ hours during the school year. If you earn enough hours, you will automatically receive the President's Award at no extra cost. (You must submit a separate time sheet for the Presidential Award. Timesheets for all youth programs are in the Application packet below.) There is a $45 processing fee for the Commissioners' Award.
Many Mayor’s Award and Commissioners' Award winners are eligible for the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
NO STUDENT WILL BE TURNED AWAY FOR INABILITY TO PAY. The Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center believes strongly in supporting student volunteers.
- Youth ages 12-18 may apply.
- Awards are issued for hours served between the first day and last day of the school year. 50 or more total volunteer hours must be completed during this time frame.
- Volunteer hours you complete before your registration do count as long as the hours you served were during your 2018-19 academic year.
- Hours MUST be completed at a Triangle nonprofit that is registered with the TNVLC. Click Here to see if an organization is registered with us. If the nonprofit is not registered with us, Please contact our office.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. No payment of any kind can be received from the organization served.
- Court-ordered community service does not count towards your total hours volunteered for the award.
- A personalized Commissioners' Award certificate of achievement presented by community officials.
- An invitation to the Tomorrow's Community Leaders Award Ceremony hosted by the TNVLC and the Mayor of Durham.
- $45 per student
- If your student is registering for both the Mayor's Award and the Commissioners' Award, there is a special package pricing of $75 for both saving you over 15%
Award Application Process
REGISTRATION OPENS NOVEMBER 1ST. Register for one or more of our Youth Service Awards by filling out the online form below. After registering, download and print the application packet. Send in your payment, permission form, timesheet(s) and evaluation(s) to the TNVLC by July 12.
FINAL DEADLINE FOR ALL FORMS IS SEPTEMBER 6!
Once you have registered, click here to download the full application packet.
Be sure to always keep a copy of all your volunteer timesheet hours! If these are lost in the mail or are not received in email, you will need a copy to verify your hours.
TNVLC believes strongly in supporting student volunteers.
NO STUDENT WILL BE TURNED AWAY FOR INABILITY TO PAY.
Commissioners' Award Package
We want to encourage student volunteers and have put together a comprehensive award benefit package that includes:
- Award Presentation by Elected officials at our Tomorrows Community Leader's Ceremony
- After-Ceremony Photo Shoot with Community Leaders
- Letter of recommendation
- Preferred acceptance into the Student Action Board
- Customized volunteer opportunity listing
- Discount pricing for multiple awards
- Early registration access for our "Civic Engagement Leadership Institute"
- Timesheet Management assistance for multiple award areas
Contact youth at thevolunteercenter.org
Looking for other Service and Leadership Activities?
To see all Student Programs CLICK HERE
Copyright © 2019 The Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center (formerly The Volunteer Center) • Durham, NC • 919-321-8910 • www.thevolunteercenter.org