About the President’s Volunteer Service Award
NOTICE: WE ARE ONLY PROVIDING THE PRESIDENT'S AWARD AS AN ADDITIONAL INCENTIVE TO THE COMMISSIONERS' AND MAYOR'S AWARDS. YOU CANNOT PURCHASE THE PRESIDENT'S AWARD SEPARATELY.
The Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center is the area’s Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. The President’s Volunteer Service Award is the premier volunteer award program, encouraging a life of service through presidential recognition. Recognizing and honoring volunteers sets a standard for service, encourages a sustained commitment to civic participation and inspires other to make service a central part of their lives.
Students that meet the program’s criteria can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours served over a 12-month period. (If they are applying for the Lifetime Achievement Award, this would cover all volunteer hours over their lifetime but those hours would need to equal at least 4000 hours to be eligible.) Criteria for recognition are:
- Recipients must be United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States.
- Awards are issued for hours served within a 12-month time period (Except Lifetime Achievement Award which is for 4000 or more hours over the course of a lifetime.)
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization, i.e. charitable support, are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.
Included in the Award
Award recipients will receive:
- The official President’s Volunteer Service Award pin
- Personalized certificate of achievement
- personalized letter signed by the President of the United States
Back to Top
Any individual, family, or group can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours earned over a 12-month period at home of abroad. (Lifetime Achievement Award is over the course of a lifetime equaling 4000+ hours) The following are the eligibility requirements for each age group:
- Kids: Age 5-10
- Teens: 11-15
- Young Adults: Individual Age 16-25
- Adults: Individual Age 26 +
Be sure to always keep a copy of all your volunteer timesheet hours! If these are lost in the mail or are not received in email, you will need a copy to verify your hours.
Bronze Level Service Award Criteria
Kids: 26 to 49 hours
Teens: 50 to 74 hours
Young Adults: 100 to 174 hours
Adults: 100 to 249 hours
Family & Groups: 200 to 499 hours
Silver Level Service Award Criteria
Kids: 50 to 74 hours
Young Adults: 175 to 249 hours
Teens: 75 to 99 hours
Adults: 250 to 499 hours
Family & Groups: 500 to 999 hours
Gold Level Service Award Criteria
Kids: 75 hours or more
Young Adults: 250 hours or more
Teens: 100 hours or more
Adults: 500 hours or more
Family & Groups: 1000 hours or more
||President's Call to Service
Lifetime Achievement Award Criteria
All Ages: 4,000 hours or more of volunteer service over a lifetime.
Award Application Process
Other Award Benefits
Our Presidential Award Package is unique and includes these benefits:
- Award Presentation by Senator at our Tomorrows Community Leader Ceremony *
- After-Ceremony Photo Shoot with Community Leaders
- All recipients are printed in our TCL Award Booklet *
- Access to Scholarship Database for service-related opportunities
- Letter of recommendation
- Preferred acceptance into the Student Action Board
- Customized volunteer opportunity listing
- Discount pricing for multiple awards
- Early registration access and discount for "Civic Engagement Leadership Institute" ($50 value)
- Timesheet Management assistance for multiple award areas
* Subject to change due to COVID-19 health concerns
Register for one or more of our Youth Service Awards by filling out this online form: